For The Younger Ones...
Junior Academy Programme
The new Junior Programme initiative is to guide more Juniors through the levels of golf, improve their swing and knowledge of the sport, enough to continue their progress to the course and become a full Junior member.
We are very proud to have over 50 keen Junior members at Saffron Walden Golf Club, playing in competitions, representing our club in matches and joining in with the coaching working their way into the Main Squad Team, backed up by the Development Squad Team.
As well as the members, we work in schools and the community where we have seen a positive leap in our weekend coaching & camps with over 60 attending!
Our new programme will start to divide the class into different levels, this gives each Junior a chance to work their way up through the ladder in their own time, to reach the chance to introduce them to the Golf Course itself. Each level is coached by a PGA Professional and gives each Junior a chance to learn about their swing, improve their game as well as learning about the different rules and etiquette. At the end of each level rewards and certificates will be achieved.
- Video analysis during coaching sessions & 6 week reports back to parents.
- Life skills such as learning the etiquette of golf.
- Skills challenges and games during the session to improve team bonding.
- Video analysis used during sessions & 6 week reports back to parents.
- Par 3 course access at Great Chesterford to practice April-September (weather dependant) for £5pp.
- Coaching on all parts of the game.
- Junior competitions held monthly at SWGC which you can now take part in to gain a handicap.
- Half price range balls to practice.
- Coaching on all parts of the game, including advance coaching on slopes/hills etc.
Junior Academy & Membership:
- Half price range balls, discount in the bar & restaurant.
- A chance to play for the Main Squad & Development Squad to represent the Golf Club.
- Crash courses during the Junior Squads on keeping fit for golf & nutrition.
- Away trips to other Golf Clubs and coaching days out.
Saturdays- 9, 10, 11am (Programme) Sundays - 9, 10 & 11am (Programme)
5 Week Programme Set In Term Time
Next Programme Starts 5th & 6th November 2022
- The programme will run over 5 week of term time for the price of £45.00
- There will be just 10 spaces in the group, spaces must be booked in advance.
- During school holidays, Junior camps, competitions and crash courses will be run for all levels and we will encourage you to play in as many competitions as you can make.
Junior Academy Shirts.
You can now purchase a Footjoy Shirt at the cost of £25 or Footjoy Chillout for the cost of £35.
These will be club crested & crested with ‘Junior Academy’ on & we would encourage all academy juniors to wear one for coaching!
Sizes: 8-10yrs, 9-12yrs & 13-15yrs
To order, please contact Sarah!
It's a fantastic way to learn golf.. My daughters really enjoy the Junior programme and have asked for golf equipment for there next birthday! They can now hit a ball and are both keen to improve!
The Junior programme is fun, exciting & helpful. I enjoy the programme as we learn different things each week. I also like the competition at the end of each lesson!
Date: October Half Term Camp 2022
Wednesday 26th October, 10-12noon
The camp covers all aspects of the golf game, we will be on the range plus learning about the importance of short game too. After golf, there will be sandwiches and chips served for lunch in the clubhouse!
Open To All Children Aged 6+
Groups Of 12 Max
Brunch, Bacon Sandwich & Chips Included In The Price
£25 Per Session, Per Child... (Must Be Paid In Advance)
To Book, Please Email: firstname.lastname@example.org